Thursday, May 15, 2008

I Love to Play at the Beach...

Here's one of the fun metal embossed pieces I made last night during my Creative play time. I wrote the words by hand, made a backwards photocopy of them, taped it to the back of the metal, and traced the letters with my embossing tools from TenSeconds Studio. Then I flipped it over and traced around each letter to make them stand out, and finally aged it with some Adirondack Acrylic Paints. I was happily surprised with how it turned out.

Speaking of the beach, my hubby and I walked down to the ocean this evening to see if there was any beach erosion after the storm on Monday. The boardwalks were covered with sand and the dunes were as high as the boards. And of course, we had to walk into town for a small hot fudge sundae with coffee ice cream and a soft vanilla cone with rainbow sprinkles. Yum, yum.

2 comments:

  1. This is so great! What kind of metal did you use? I am assuming it is pretty thin for the mbossing tools to work? I would love to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. carol...

    I used the TenSeconds Studio's metal sheets in copper. The package says 36 gauge, but I thought it was a little heavier than that. But 36 is still good. You can also use that aluminum flashing tape they sell at the hardware stores too!

    ...michelle

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle harmazinski
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com