Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Friday's Class: Who's Your Dada?

My second day's class at Art & Soul was "Who's Your Dada," hosted by two of my favorite teachers, a marvelous yin-yang of a couple... Linda & Opie O'Brien. We were furnished with a head and wooden body...the rest was up to us. Our instructions were to bring lots of found objects, flea market finds and random junk to decorate our icon. Keeping in mind items for hats, eyes, ears, arms, legs and... you get the rest...

It was so much fun to see everyone's project, given that we all started with the same head and body. I love looking in other people's junk boxes too. I really see a difference in the "trash" based on the different areas of the country. Everyone has different stuff and it's all amazing!

Thanks Linda and Opie, for an amazingly fun, relaxing, intriguing class. You ROCK!

1 comment:

  1. Love your funky doll, Michelle. I'm soooo jealous. I've been wanting to attend an Art & Soul forever. Looks like you are having a GREAT time! Congrats for updating your blog on the road. That's committment. (grin)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle harmazinski
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com