Sunday, June 1, 2008

A "Real" Memorial Day Weekend Find...

I found these dog tags at the flea market this past (real Memorial Day) weekend, which struck me as very appropriate. They belonged to a William L. Hewes, and of course when I got home... I had to look him up. And I found him!

It seems the government had put up a database of soldiers names who served in World War II. I looked him up by his full name and serial number and found out the following information: He was from Delaware County, Pennsylvania; he enlisted on November 14th, 1941; and he was a Private. Pretty interesting.

If anyone out there knows this person, I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle harmazinski
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com