Thursday, June 26, 2008

Pretty in Pink...
















So here's the project I was working on last night. It's a round canvas I'm collaging for the Belmar Arts Council's "Round Table" contest. Create a 24" circular acrylic painting, from which twelve will be chosen to be made into round tabletops for a little café area the Council is planning. Although here's the funny/not-so-funny part...

I looked up the contest on their site today and it says, "The subject of your piece is open but the medium must be ACRYLIC"! Uh-oh. I used paper and some other objects in mine already. What to do? Well, I have an e-mail into the BAC asking about collage and dimensionality... so, we'll see. But, I think I'm just going to have to go with my style and what I planned... even if I don't get picked because of it.

I gotta be me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

Please feel free to post any questions you may have and I will answer in the same thread.

Creatively...

michelle harmazinski
www.YesterdaysTrashArt.com